running & cycling

Monday, December 22, 2008

November 27-30, 2008
Shenandoah and Pandapas runs

I'd met up with Melissa Beaver for a 9 mile run in the Iron Mountains and then got together over Thanksgiving for a series of runs. We started with an AT/ Neighbor mountain run. I did about 6 and she did a bit more. We followed it up with a hike in Whiteoak Canyon. The trail dropped alongside a series of waterfalls. This is a popular destination so it was good to hike it as opposed to running it.

Back in Blacksburg, we hit Pandapas for two days of running. The first day was an out and back along Poverty Creek, followed by a run around the lake. I logged about 7 easy miles. The following day climbed up Snake Root and down Jacob's Ladder, followed by Poverty Creek and another lake run. I logged about 9 miles, but these weren't as easy as the day before.

There was ice coating the trees at the highest elevation. I didn't get to run with Melissa for much of it. She's quite a bit faster than I but I hope to be able to saty with her for longer periods in the near future.

B-Rex

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home